DTI Announces LitWorks eDiscovery and Litigation Support
Comprehensive course to be held in Atlanta
ATLANTA – August 11, 2014 – DTI, the largest privately held legal process outsourcing company in the U.S. providing managed services, litigation support and eDiscovery, and its wholly owned training company, LitWorks™, have announced a new Litigation Support Professional training course. The course is scheduled to take place August 18-22 at the DTI National Technology Center, located at Two Ravinia Drive in Atlanta.
The eDiscovery and Litigation Support Professional training course has been completely redesigned and updated to reflect the most recent developments impacting litigation support and eDiscovery practices. All LitWorks™ courses are consistently updated to meet eDiscovery standards and best practices for government organizations, corporations and law firms.
The upcoming course will provide litigation supportprofessionals, attorneys, paralegals and IT professionals with a unique opportunity to learn industry best practices through hands-on experience, networking with peers and a review of software tools used in the marketplace. The five-day course will provide participants with skills they need to effectively review a case, assess requirements and make a comprehensive recommendation on how to best manage a case from start to finish. This course is recommended for professionals with two to five years of experience in litigation support and technology.
The course curriculum includes:
- A History of Litigation Support Now
- eDiscovery Workflow under the EDRM
- ESI Cases: What Can Go Wrong?
- eDiscovery at Government Agencies, Corporations and Law Firms
- Using Early Case Assessment
- Acquiring Social Media
- Vendor Management
- Ethical Issues in eDiscovery
- Information Governance and Discovery Readiness
- Data Acquisition in Electronic Discovery
- Data Processing and How ESI Works
- Best Practices in Search
- Attorney Document Review
- Technology Assisted Review
- Defining the Role of Litigation Support (Law Firm, OGC and Government Perspectives)
- In-House eDiscovery – Risks and Rewards
- Recent Case Law – 2012 – 2014
- EDRM – Enron, BP & The Microsoft Case Study
- ESI and EDRM
- The Complexities of Law Firm and Corporate America IT Infrastructure
- Rule 26, In the Beginning
- F.R.C.P. 2006 Amendments, ESI Recent Rulings, Opinions and Orders
- Legal Project Management Methodologies (EDRM and Lean Six Sigma)
The course fee for a public class is $2,200 per attendee. To register for this or any LitWorks™ courses, visit www.LitWorks.net. LitWorks also provides customized private training programs on site at law firms or corporate legal departments. Contact Kim Grippe-Meyer at email@example.com or 727-366-5050 for more information.
About LitWorks™ LitWorks, a DTI company, is a leading provider of comprehensive training programs for litigation support professionals in AmLaw 200 law firms and Fortune 500 corporate legal departments. For more than five years, LitWorks has been dedicated to developing and sharing best practices in the litigation support industry through a variety of consulting and training services.
DTI is the largest privately held legal process outsourcing company in the U.S. serving law firms and corporations. DTI helps our clients accelerate the changes they must make to remain competitive. DTI is a preeminent leader in the management of mission-critical information and processes. The company manages risks and minimizes costs associated with complex litigation and compliance functions. The company’s extensive managed services, litigation support and eDiscovery experience is unmatched in the industry. To learn more about DTI’s national footprint, flexibility, capacity and world-class project management, visit www.DTIglobal.com.