Certified eDiscovery and Litigation Support Professional Training
LitWorks ™ eDiscovery and Litigation Support Professional Training
This 5-Day course provides litigation support professionals a unique opportunity to learn industry best practices through hands-on experience, networking with other litigation support specialists, and review of software tools used in the marketplace. Litigation support professionals are equipped with the skills they need to effectively review a case, assess its needs and make a comprehensive recommendation on how best to manage that case from start to finish. This course is designed for anyone with 1 – 5 years of litigation technology support experience. Litigation paralegals, document review attorneys and IT professionals are also excellent candidates for this training program.
- A History of Litigation Support
- Litigation Support: Then vs. Now – Two Case Studies
- Defining the Roles of Litigation Support The Civil Litigation Process
- The 2006 Federal Rules of Civil Procedure & 2015 Amendments
- FRCP – What can go wrong
- Organizational Perspective from the Law Firm, Corporation and Service Provider
- Electronic Discovery Under the EDRM
- Managing & Responding To Discovery Requests
- Using Early Case Assessment Tools
- Overview Of Traditional Litigation Support Techniques & Strategies
- Relativity Overview – Best Practices in Search
- Attorney Document Review
- Technology Assisted Review
- Effective Billing, Cost Containment & Cost Recovery Best Practices
- Trial Technology
- Class is in session each day from 9:00am until 4:00pm.
There are two 15 minute breaks each day plus a 1 hour lunch period.